Saturday, July 11, 2009

Anything...

Anything, isnt it a wierd word... the other day I was chatting with one of my student, and she was confused. After clearing her doubts she suggested that I should write a book, and when suggested it, I even asked her what topic should I write on... and "ANYTHING" was the answer.

But the answer made me think... whenever I go to a restaurant and am asked what will I have prompt is the reply "ANYTHING". But what does it actually define or mean and when do we use it. I would say it gives the opposite person an opportunity to decide on your behalf or a freedom to express him/herself. And in turn it tells us to respect the indivudual. We tend to use this word only with our closest of acquaintances and the people whom we trust.

2 comments:

  1. Strange, but true. But then, I also use 'anything' when I'm too lazy to make a decision :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, Prasad. Blogs have given us the space to write - just about ANYTHING! Not just that, we also get readers from among our friends and family... Such is the power of Web 2.0.

    ReplyDelete